We are examining the Holland Codes. You’ll sometimes see them as “RIASEC.” Read this post for more information on The Holland Codes and RIASEC.
You’ve received the results of the Strong Interest Inventory. Now, of course, you would like to know just what those results mean. There are six theme codes. This post is about the “A” code or investigative personality types. (For reference, you can see a sample of the I Start Strong Report here.)
We explore the others here:
If one of your themes is Artistic -- or the “A” in the Holland Codes wheel exactly what does that mean?
The Strong Interest Inventory uses six general themes to describe your personality. These themes also help identify the type of work you might enjoy. Most people find that there is a combination of themes that best describe them. You are most likely to enjoy work that is closely related to your top themes.
If one of your top themes is Artistic then you should know….
Artistic people are creators! Being “artistic” means you like to express your creativity either by “creating” things yourself or by appreciating the creativity of others. You might describe yourself as creative, innovative, and intuitive. You probably enjoy crafts, music or writing.
Artistic people thrive in roles where they can have creative vision. Examples are developing campaigns, managing marketing, and resolving problems.
Careers in these fields allow Artistic types to analyze, research, experiment, and problem-solve.
- Artistic people describe themselves as creative, expressive, and
- They are attracted to work environments that encourage individual self-expression.
- They tend to be sensitive and creative, and they bring a unique approach to their work. They often pursue their specific artistic interests separately from their career.
- Artistic occupations frequently involve working with forms, designs, and patterns. They often require self-expression. The work can usually be done without following a clear set of rules.
Here are some careers that an “artistic” person might consider:
· Brand Manager
· Sales trainer
· Content Writer
· Human Resources Professional
· Visual Manager
· Event Planner
· Commercial Designer
· Social Media Manager
· Marketing Associate
· Regional Planner
For descriptions of the other them codes please see the themes below